Now that the new coronavirus, or COVID-19, has spread throughout New Jersey, the country, and the world, we need to ensure we do everything we can do halt its spread. Fortunately, for most people, the virus is far from deadly, however, this is not true for everyone, which is why you must take the necessary preparations to keep yourself out of harm’s way. Some of the most important steps you can take are as follows:
- If you cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow, as COVID-19 is spread through droplets.
- Wash your hands several times throughout the day with warm soapy water, and for at least 20 seconds every time.
- Avoid touching your face, especially after being out in public. If you’ve been exposed to the virus and you touch your eyes nose or mouth, it may enter your system that way.
- Ensure you keep yourself distant from others. If you have to go out in public, stay at least three feet away from everyone you come in contact with. In fact, avoid going out as much as you can altogether.
- If you are feeling the coronavirus symptoms, reach out to your local health authority as soon as you can. Many communities have (or will soon have) drive-through testing, and if you have symptoms, such as a cough, difficulty breathing, or a fever, you must get tested.
We understand all the commotion behind COVID-19, however, it is always best to remain calm and simply do what you can to stay safe. By taking the precautions mentioned above, you help yourself and your community.