Rita T. Jerejian, Esq. - Partner
New Jersey Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Hackensack, New Jersey
Whippany, New Jersey
Rita is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Attorney with over 30 years’ experience practicing family law. Rita prides herself on finding creative solutions to complex issues and works diligently and compassionately when dealing with sensitive situations, especially those involving children.
Raised in Northern New Jersey, she handles issues related to family law, divorce, spousal support, asset and debt distribution, business valuation, pre-nuptial agreements, child support, child custody, parenting time, relocation of children, child protection (DCPP), domestic violence, weapons forfeiture, domestic violence removal of restraining orders, sexual assault protective orders, guardianship, and mediation.
Rita is a Court Approved Mediator for economic aspects of family law cases and is
a Panel Chair for the Family Court’s Mandatory Early Settlement Program, which attempts to aid litigants reach an agreement regarding the terms of the divorce, without the need for a trial.
She has been recognized by her peers for high professional standards. Rita has been awarded the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbel Law Directory, their highest distinction for ethical standards and legal ability.
*no aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court. Please review the Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Ratings, Peer Review Ratings, and LexisNexis Ranking Methodology here.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Spousal support
- Asset and debt Distribution
- Business valuation
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Child support
- Child Custody
- Parenting time
- Relocation of Children
- Child Protection (DCPP)
- Domestic Violence
- Weapons Forfeiture
- Domestic Violence Removal of Restraining Orders
- Sexual Assault Protective Orders
Certified Legal Specialties, Appointments
- Certified by the N.J. Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
- Chair, Superior Court Mandatory Early Settlement Program (MESP), Panel 42
- Court Approved Mediator Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases
- New Jersey Supreme Court, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Member, Women Lawyers In Bergen County
- Catholic University Columbus School of Law, J.D. 1988
- Fordham University, B.A. 1985