Amanda P. Johnston, Esq.
New Jersey Divorce, Family Law and Domestic Violence Attorney
Morristown, New Jersey
866-957-2982 (Toll Free)
Amanda P. Johnston joined Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, L.L.C. in February 2017. Before joining the firm, Amanda was an associate at another law firm in New Jersey since 2011. Before 2011, she served as a Law Clerk in Glen Rock, NJ, and Boston, MA.
Amanda Paige Johnston graduated from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts in 2007 with a Bachelor’s of Science in Political Science and a minor in Criminal Justice. Ms. Johnston graduated in 2010 from Suffolk University School of Law with a juris doctorate. During law school, she was awarded a Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law and Pro Bono Honors for her volunteer service.
She began her legal career as a Law Clerk in the Family Law Unit at the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association. Ms. Johnston returned to New Jersey in the fall of 2010 and joined a boutique matrimonial firm in Morris County in 2011.
Ms. Johnston is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the United States District Court, District of New Jersey.
Ms. Johnston resides in Morris County, where she is an active member of the Junior League of Morristown, an organization whose mission is to promote women in leadership through volunteering and championing causes related to women and children in the community. Currently, she serves on the Board of Directors as the Community Vice President.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Division of Assets
- Parental Rights and Obligations
- Parental Alienation
- Domestic Abuse
- Grandparent Issues
- Domestic Partnership and Civil Unions
- Prenuptial Agreements
- New Jersey, 2011
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2011
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2010
- Suffolk University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, J.D.
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, B.A.
- Northeastern University School of Professional and Continuing Studies, Boston, Massachusetts, Paralegal Certification
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association, Trustee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member – Family Law Section
Past Employment Positions
- Veres & Riodan, L.L.C., Associate, 2011-2017, Denville, NJ
- November & Nummink, Law Clerk, 2010-2011, Glen Rock, NJ
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, Law Clerk, 2009-2010, Boston, MA
- Suffolk University School of Law Juvenile Justice Center, 3.03 Certified Student Attorney, 2009-2010
- Senior Partners for Justice/Suffolk County Family & Probate Court, Family & Probate Intern, 2009
- Law Office of Pamela Schaefer, Legal Intern, 2008-2009
- Worcester Family & Probate Court, Judicial Intern, 2008
- Morris County Bar Association Legalpalooza, Professionalism Panel (2016)